Bike Week 2018 kicks off on Saturday 9 June with some fantastic events happening right across the UK – visit the Events page to see what is happening in your area.
Bike Week is all about discovering every day cycling for everyone and is set to add another 500,000 people to the 5 million who already cycle three times or more a week.
With activities suitable for people of all ages and levels of experience; from family friendly rides to training; from cycle maintenance to bike breakfasts, even naked bike rides – Bike Week provides fun opportunities for people to get back into the saddle for the summer.
Plus, if you’re not already a member of Cycling UK and would like to benefit from our membership, if you sign up during June then you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win a brand new bike! If you’re already a member why not let friends and family know.
As well as celebrating cycling and getting out on your bike, please also shout about it online…
Cycling UK is running a #7daysofcycling social media campaign to support the Bike Week message and encourage people to get out for seven rides during June.
All you need to do is tweet or post a pic of yourself cycling on Twitter or Instagram. For each day we’re celebrating different aspects of cycling, but we encourage everyone to do any type of cycling!
1. Social side of cycling – Tag a photo of you and your cycling bestie
2. Health and fitness benefits – Share a top tip of how to get fitter and healthier through cycling
3. Experience an electric bike – Why not try out an e-bike and claim those hill climbs!
4. Cycle to Work today – Take the opportunity to bike to work
5. Improve your mental wellbeing – Share how it’s made you feel more positive or less stressed
6. Cycling as a family – Share your family cycling pics
7. Make a Million Miles of Cycling – That’s how far we hope we’ll all go together!